Hello everybody!! There is a reason I have a Baking category on here and sadly there is yet to be anything in it… Ever since I can remember my mom and I would always bake. Especially during the Fall and Christmas time. Today, a boring Summer day, my sister and I decided to bake some home made chocolate chip cookies! But these, are only the best you and I will ever have. For fluffy and chewy chocolate chip cookies you will need…
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (dark or milk)
- 1 medium sized bowl
- beater (or a very good arm to mix!)
- a measuring cup and spoons
- a scooper (or hands to roll dough into balls)
- 1 baking sheet
Here is a conversion chart for any of those metric system people! I bake a lot of Zoella and Tanya Burr recipes and this about saved my life… you’re welcome xo
Step by Step
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees!
- Combine your 8 tables of butter into a small bowl to pop in the microwave for about 40 seconds. You want it melted with some chunks, not too hot. This is essential for fluffy chewy cookies.
- In your medium sized bowl combine your sugars, butter, egg and vanilla and mix till creamy!
- The add your flour, baking soda and salt! Beat together till it’s in crumbs then use your hands to gather dough into a big ball (Not too wet – not too dry)
- Add your chocolate chips and incorporate with your hands!
- Have your baking sheet and scooper ready and scoop your choice of size balls onto sheet!
- Let bake for 9-10 minutes When done they will not looked cooked, pale, round and fluffy. Do not over cook!
- Let sit on cookie sheet for about 30 minutes and Enjoy!!